[RFC/PATCH 02/13] media: s5p-csis: Add device tree support

Sylwester Nawrocki s.nawrocki at samsung.com
Tue Jul 31 22:38:35 EST 2012

On 07/31/2012 01:05 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

>>> I'm fine with that.
>>
>> ...on a second thought: shouldn't this be handled by pinctrl? Or is it
>> some CSI-2 module internal lane switching, not the global SoC pin function
>> configuration?
>
> On the hardware I came across, it's handled by the CSI2 receiver, not the SoC
> pinmux feature.

Same here. Is there any hardware known to mux those MIPI-CSI
D-PHY high speed differential signals with general purpose IO pins ?

Or are there mostly dedicated pins used ?

However, if there are cases the lane configuration is done solely at CSI2
receiver level, there seems little point in involving the pinctrl API.

--

Regards,
Sylwester