OMAP: Configuring CONTROL_DEVCONF0 register via DT with pinctrl

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at ti.com
Fri Jul 27 19:43:17 EST 2012

Hello,

I need to find a solution to control 2 bits in CONTROL_DEVCONF0 on OMAP2/3 for
McBSP1 CLKR/FSR signal routing.
In boards using McBSP1 we might need to change bit 3 and 4 based on the audio
setup (how the board has been wired).

So far I have come up with the following idea to handle to but not really sure
if it is the correct way (I have taken the idea from the arm/dts: Add AM33XX
basic pinctrl support series).

In .dtsi file of the SoC:

control_devconf0: pinmux at 48002274 {
	compatible = "pinctrl-single";
	reg = <0x48002274 4>;	/* Single register */
	#address-cells = <1>;
	#size-cells = <0>;
	pinctrl-single,register-width = <32>;
	pinctrl-single,function-mask = <0x5F>;
};

In the .dts file of the board which needs to change the CLKR/FSR configuration:

&control_devconf0 {
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&mcbsp1_pins>;

	mcbsp1_pins: pinmux_mcbsp1_pins {
		pinctrl-single,pins = <0x00 0x18>; /* CLKR/FSR from CLKX/FSX
						    * pin */
	};

};

Thanks for the help,