OF_DYNAMIC usage

Rob Herring robherring2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:20:45 EST 2012

On 07/05/2012 07:21 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can someone tell me usage of OF_DYNAMIC?
> How this can be used by user?
>
> Is it possible to exchange device node?
> Add new one, delete one, etc?
>
> Any user guide/log will be helpful to see what I can do with it.

2nd question on OF_DYNAMIC in a week... I haven't really looked at it. I
would suggest looking at the existing users (only powerpc iseries and
pseries). My concern using would be that the reference counting is not
correct for many drivers as of_node_get/put is a nop without OF_DYNAMIC.

You can also activate/deactivate nodes with the status property.

Rob