Regulator suspend state dt question

Abhilash Kesavan kesavan.abhilash at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:25:11 EST 2012

Hi,

Max77686 PMIC has dt support and I wanted to specify the suspend state of the
regulator via dt. set_suspend_disable and set_suspend_mode call-backs are
already implemented in drivers/regulator/max77686.c.

As of now there is no support in the regulator core to specify the suspend state
(mode, enabled/disabled) using dt. I can add new properties specifying
the intial_state,
mode, enable/disable but I am not too sure if it is appropriate to add
such bindings to
the device tree as they are not actually describing the hardware.

Is calling regulator_suspend_prepare from a machine specific file an option ?

Kindly provide me with suggestions as to how I may proceed with this.

Regards,
Abhilash