I2C bus timeout property

Roland Stigge stigge at antcom.de
Fri Apr 20 19:41:15 EST 2012

Hi,

as you may already have noticed, in the ARM devicetree conversion, we
are wondering how to handle the I2C bus timeout property.

There is already an "fsl,timeout" property, but introducing several
driver or vendor specific properties for basically the same kind of
property doesn't make much sense. We already searched devicetree.org and
EPAPR but without finding timeout properties.

I propose using a generic "timeout" property with newly supported i2c
busses, holding a bus timeout value in microseconds (as already done
with "fsl,timeout".

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Roland