adding devicetree support for an interrupt controller

Rhyland Klein rklein at nvidia.com
Fri Apr 13 11:38:38 EST 2012

So I am working on adding DT support for the tps65910 pmic. It (amongst
other things) is an interrupt controller. I am looking to convert that
code as well, and I am curious if there is a good example to work off.

The driver's irq_base is not set, so it needs to use a dynamic domain.
The examples I saw seemed to be all platform devices and then used
something like irq_setup_generic_chip_domain, but since the tps65910 is
an i2c device, its device doesn't have resources associated with it, and
can't therefore pass them to this function.

Is there already a defined path for i2c interrupt controllers like this?

thanks,
Rhyland