standalone dtc compiler build from git://git.jdl.com/software/dtc.git gives error

Karicheri, Muralidharan m-karicheri2 at ti.com
Thu Apr 12 08:26:20 EST 2012

Stephen,

Thanks for responding.

Here it is

/dts-v1/;
/include/ "skeleton.dtsi"

/ {
        model = "Texas Instruments TCI6614 EVM";
        compatible = "ti,tci6614-evm";
        #address-cells = <1>;
        #size-cells = <1>;

And "skeleton.dtsi" has

/*
 * Skeleton device tree; the bare minimum needed to boot; just include and
 * add a compatible value.  The bootloader will typically populate the memory
 * node.
 */

/ {
        #address-cells = <1>;
        #size-cells = <1>;
        chosen { };
        aliases { };
        memory { device_type = "memory"; reg = <0 0>; };
};

BTW, the dtc compiler in the Linux kernel tree runs fine. Also I get the same error when I run the
dtc against other existing dts files in the Linux 3.2 kernel tree. Any clue?

Thanks

Murali