USB support for device tree

Pavan Kondeti pkondeti at codeaurora.org
Sat Nov 5 04:51:00 EST 2011

Hi Greg,

On 11/4/2011 9:13 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 01:55:09PM +0530, Pavan Kondeti wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am working on adding USB device tree support for MSM platform.  One of
>> our chip set has 2 hsusb cores. The first core is configured as otg and
>> the other core is configured in host only mode (EHCI compliant). Are the
>> below device node names Okay? Please suggest.
>
> Why do you need to name the speed of the device and the host?  That
> doesn't really matter if you plug a low-speed device into that super
> speed host controller, right?

Right :-)

> I'm not familiar with device tree naming conventions, but is this
> something you do for network devices?  If not, I'd not recommend it for
> USB controllers either.

I am also not sure about the label names. The reason I would like to
have them in device tree source file is just for readability. One can
easily correlates the device node properties with the label. Say if I
want to change the IRQ number or some property value of 1st instance
HSUSB device controller (while porting a different board), I look for
hsusb0-device.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Sent by a consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.