[RFC 2/2] ARM:Tegra: Device Tree Support: Initialize audio card gpio's from the device tree.

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue May 31 10:58:46 EST 2011

> The producer side works fine as-is, agreed.

+1

> What I was not sure about was the use of having an array of unnamed
> gpios as part of the consumer-side binding, where there's no logical
> ordering between these entries.
>
> In the sdhci case, there are three gpios; one to supply power to the
> slot;
> one for card detect and one for write protect sense.
>
> In that case, it would make a whole lot more sense to have three
> separate
> properties, say "power-gpio", "cd-gpio" and "wp-gpio", than an opaque
> array of
> entries without description besides what comments are used in the dts
> file.

Yes.  And this way you can also show a specific board doesn't have a
specific function GPIO wired up by simply not having the property for
it, instead of that ugly 0 phandle business.

> That these in turn point just to gpio number <x> at controller <y> is
> OK with
> me.

specifier".

>  Also, I can see cases where it makes sense to have more than one gpio
> references in a property (i.e. busses), but only where there's either
> internal
> ordering to them, or where ordering doesn't matter at all.

That's up to the device binding, let's hope the people who write those
show good judgement :-)

Segher