Pinmux with device tree

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu May 19 02:34:45 EST 2011

Hi,

I see a new pinmux system in the LKML. Has anyone looked at how to
represent pinmux settings in the device tree?

On a related topic, the examples that are used for GPIOs assume a
flags word which describes things like pull-ups, direction, etc. This
seems pretty cumbersome and gets worse with pinmuxes. People editing
the device trees want to see symbolic information rather than a coded
number, a bit like a #define. I can see this can be done with strings
but this is inefficient in time and space, and is error-prone.  Is
there support for this in device trees that I have missed?

Regards,
Simon