RFC: Platform data for onboard USB assets

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Mar 18 18:49:43 EST 2011

On 03/17/2011 11:27 PM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

> The patch below also looks right to me.  I believe it also has the
> advantage of u-boot already knowing how to update the
> local-mac-address property at boot time.

In my (tested, working, complete) patch series, I allow platform_data
based override of MAC at usbnet level, so all the drivers can benefit
from it.

Is this not a case of "small thinking" from a Device Tree perspective
that Arnd's patch only targets smsc95xx?  Or did I miss some
disadvantage to allowing this functional configuration option at usbnet
layer?

-Andy