No support of platform device instance id?

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at freescale.com
Thu Mar 17 15:31:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 05:05:00PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:

[...]
> I'd like to have feedback on the new code to make sure that the model
> is sane.  There are some fiddly code it there which is used to match
> platform_device registrations to nodes in the device tree.  I *think*
> it makes sense, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Binding platform_device with of_node via resources matching seems a
little fiddly, but your implementation looks solid to me.  I made a
quick scan on all the platform_device registration under
arch/arm/plat-mxc/devices, nothing would be broken, only except
platform-gpio_keys which is not an on-chip device.

Looking at the code, I'm wondering how the binding of resource type
IORESOURCE_DMA looks like.  I'm seeing some platform_device is using
this flag to tell dma channel fixed for the device.  I'm not sure if
it can be fit in property 'dma-ranges'.  And I only see IORESOURCE_MEM
and IORESOURCE_IRQ being used in the matching model.

--
Regards,
Shawn