No support of platform device instance id?

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at freescale.com
Sat Mar 12 18:00:57 EST 2011

Hello all,

I'm looking at function of_device_alloc in drivers/of/platform.c, and
surprisingly found that the platform device instance id is being
hard-coded as -1 when calling platform_device_alloc.  Does this mean
that there is no support of pdev id in DT?  If yes, can anyone please
help me understand why we do not have something in DT node to reflect
this id and get it supported?  Or this is something on TODO list?

I'm asking this because I feel we still need pdev id support in DT when
reviewing the patch set of 'mx51 basic DT support'.

--
Regards,
Shawn