Is there a binding for IORESOURCE_DMA population?

Tabi Timur-B04825 B04825 at freescale.com
Sun Jul 17 23:41:02 EST 2011

Shawn Guo wrote:

> Between a) making DT enabled SSI driver (mpc version) work for i.mx
> and b) adding DT probe support for imx-ssi driver, I would absolutely
> go for b).  Apparently it's much easier.

Absolutely not!  It's ridiculous to have two drivers for the same exact
device that are both device-tree enabled.  It's already bad enough that we
have fsl-ssi.c and imx-ssi.c.  imx-ssi.c should never have been created,
but there's no way I will approve enhancing imx-ssi.c to also support
device trees, when fsl-ssi.c already does this.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale