Is there a binding for IORESOURCE_DMA population?

Tabi Timur-B04825 B04825 at freescale.com
Sun Jul 17 06:18:53 EST 2011

Shawn Guo wrote:
> It's not about virtual or physical channel.  I'm asking suggestion on
> how we bind the channel number for each dma client device in device
> tree and how they will get the number from device tree when they get
> probed.

IMHO, a simple property that lists the DMA channels to use should be okay.
  Arnd's example looks good to me:

ssi at 83fcc000 { /* SSI1 */
          compatible = "fsl,imx51-ssi", "fsl,imx1-ssi";
          reg = <0x83fcc000 0x4000>;
          interrupts = <29>;
	 dma-parent = &fsldma1;
          dma-channels = <29 28 27 26>; /* TX0 RX0 TX1 RX1 */
};

However, I would use less generic property names, like
"fsl,ssi-dma-parent" or something like that.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale