[uclinux-dist-devel] touch screen ads7846/7843 devicetree support

Hennerich, Michael Michael.Hennerich at analog.com
Thu Jan 27 23:24:01 EST 2011

Thomas Chou wrote on 2011-01-27:
> On 01/27/2011 02:18 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 01:10, Thomas Chou wrote:
>>> We need devicetree support on ads7846/7843 touch screen driver. Do
>>> you have plan on it? We are moving to devicetree on nios2, so do
> arm/mips/x86.
>>
>> what part are you using exactly ?
>> -mike
>>

> ad7843 is used in a popular nios2 dev kit, NEEK.

This driver is a SPI bus client driver. PPC is using devicetree for ages now,
and they don't have problems instantiating this or any other SPI bus driver.

What special needs do you have?

Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368; Geschaeftsfuehrer:Dr.Carsten Suckrow, Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif