Testing on ARM (omap)

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Jan 19 17:05:21 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 04:16:46AM -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Anyone point me to the latest status for testing fdt on ARM? (e.g. OMAP3)
>
> Jon.

Hi Jon

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I published a new branch today that makes it a lot easier to start
playing around with fdt on ARM.

  git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 devicetree/arm

Look at the changes to versatile and tegra board support in that
branch to see how to add very basic device tree support to any
machine_desc.

U-boot already has device tree support enabled for beagleboard in the
latest release.

I've not yet published a set of instructions on how to set everything
up; I'll try to get something out there this week.

Cheers,