Device Tree on ARM status report

Lorenzo Pieralisi lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com
Tue Feb 8 22:51:35 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 14:28 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Amit Kucheria <amit.kucheria at linaro.org> wrote:
> > On 11 Feb 05, Grant Likely wrote:
> >> 2 - Task status
> >> ---------------
> >> Core infrastructure:
> >> [glikely] basic infrastructure to enable dt: DONE
> >> [r-herring] Allow dtb to be located anywhere in RAM: DONE
> >> [bones] Debug dtb corruption during init: INPROGRESS
> >> [glikely] OF clock bindings: INPROGRESS
> >
> > Does this include the common clock framework that Jeremy had been working on?
> > I see no mention of that explicitly, hence the question.
>
> No, since the common clk patches are taking some time to get right,
> the device tree clock bindings have been decoupled from the common clk
> patches so that dt support doesn't get held up.  When common clk gets
> merged, the dt support will be modified to use it.

Ok Grant, good to know. I did not have time to check how the bindings
changed, but at least for vexpress I was registering and binding clocks
from DT. Here is the vexpress list of tasks updated.

Versatile express tasks:
[lorenzo-pieralisi] enable dtb support in u-boot: DONE within Linaro ?
[lorenzo-pieralisi] enable basic kernel dtb support on versatile
express: DONE
[lorenzo-pieralisi] probe clocks from dt: DONE
[lorenzo-pieralisi] probe irq controllers from device tree: DONE (basic
GIC init - interrupt routing is not there yet)
[lorenzo-pieralisi] register devices from dt:

Currently all vexpress platform devices are registered from the DT code,
but I have to rebase to see if things changed wrt test-devicetree
branch.

They include:

smsc911x (mdio inclusive but pending code to probe irq type)
isp1760
flash physmap
amba-pl011
amba-clcd-pl11x
PMU
mmc-pl18x

The GIC and sp804 timers are also initialized from DT (they need not be
platform devices though).

Please let me know if you need further details.

Lorenzo