ARM machine specific DT probing

Jeremy Kerr jeremy.kerr at canonical.com
Mon Sep 13 15:30:02 EST 2010

Hi David,

> Hrm.  The trouble with this idea is that it needs some measure of
> "specificness of match",

I was originally thinking an enum, something to indicate that the match
is for a machine or SoC or SoC-family, but that may not be flexible
enough.

Essentially, all we really need to indicate is that "this match is more
specific than that other match", which the match-table-ordering would
work fine for.

With the present infrastructure, we'd need to enforce this by
controlling the link order. However, I don't have any good ideas about
how we could do this neatly.

Maybe we could get make to work out the dependencies (this mdesc needs
to go before that one) for us :D

Cheers,

Jeremy