[patch 1/6] gpiolib: introduce chip addition/removal notifier

Anton Vorontsov cbouatmailru at gmail.com
Mon May 3 02:59:12 EST 2010

(Cc'ing devicetree-discuss at lists.ozlabs.org)

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 12:50:15AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> Not till now.  Here's what I've been working on.  It's based on my
> test-devicetree branch.
[...]
> As you can see, I've pretty much come full circle on the adding
> 'automatic' OF support to gpio chips.  Originally (as you well know) I
> was strongly opposed to any addition of OF code to the core gpiolib.
> All of the notifier work was a response to that.
>
> However, now that I actually have played with the code and looked and
> the issues deeply, I've got an entirely different opinion.

ROFL :-D

> (The fact
> that OF support is being ported to more architectures is also a
> factor.)

Yeah, I guess without multi-arch OF effort such an OF+gpiolib
integration would be very dubious. But as OF spreads to other
architectures, and we already have of_node in the 'struct
device'... I guess that makes sense now.

> Anyway, please take a look.

It works here with some small fixes (patches on the way).

Tested with MCU (I2C), and QE GPIO (memory mapped) GPIO controllers.

Thanks!

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com