PCI example for device tree

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Jul 8 17:43:35 EST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Stephan Gatzka <stephan at gatzka.org> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> Maybe this is the best solution. Someone else writes a common PCI section
> for your imaginary board. In this section could be a link to my real world
> example (which is still useful, I think).

Hey Stephan.  Took me a bit to get back to this, so sorry for the delay.

I really do like the text that you wrote, but I also needed something
that fit in with the style and purpose of the rest of the text,
specifically to be building up the PCI binding piece by piece.  I
spent some time editing it tonight and I think I'm happy with the way
it turned out.  It is still primarily your text, but reworked to suit
the purpose of the document.  There are probably still mistakes and
typos in what I've written.  I'll have to read it again when I'm not
tired, and it isn't late at night, but feel free to take a look and
make comments.

I'm totally fine with keeping your original text too on another page,
and I do agree that it is useful.  You can use the page history link
to extract your old text and insert it into a new page.  This is
probably a good location for it:

http://www.devicetree.org/Compatible%3Dfsl,mpc5200-pci

Cheers, and thanks again for the good work.