Device tree BSP

Michal Simek michal.simek at petalogix.com
Sun Jul 5 04:32:58 EST 2009

2009/7/4 Stephen Neuendorffer <stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com>

> I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do here, but it doesn't look
> right to me.
> In particular, why would I have to have a separate core for these
> functions?
> Furthermore, I'm sure there must be some generic mechanisms that can/should
> be used for these kind of things.
> In general, we shouldn't reinvent the wheel here..
>
> CC'ing devicetree-discuss at ozlabs.org, which is really the best place to
> ask such questions.

Yes, I know - I talked with Grant about too. And I found a solution for
heartbeat.
We have there one small problem that led-gpio heartbeat trigger starts when
driver is ready (long time from the system start)
Current heartbeat works when timer/intc is setup. That big time gap between
current - proposed solution I don't like and
I want to remove it.
I am doing different work now and I'll solve it later.

Thanks,
Michal