[RFC] Clock binding

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Sat Aug 29 04:24:18 EST 2009

On 2009-08-28, at 18:06, Grant Likely wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Stuart Yoder<stuyoder at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Benjamin
>> Herrenschmidt<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> here goes my hope :-)
>>>
>>> Do we have wiki's we could use on power.org or should we aim for a
>>> community place ? Anybody has suggestions ? I wouldn't even try to
>>> maintain a web site myself, that would be irresponsible of anybody
>>> let me do so !
>>
>> There was an ePAPR wiki on power.org, that I had started developing,
>> but it seems to have disappeared.  I'm looking into what happened.
>
> Lets *not* do it on power.org.  I'd like to see the bindings used by
> more than just powerpc people, and power.org might become a bit of a
> mental barrier for non-powerpc folks.  kernel.org would be a good
> host.  So would ozlabs or infradead.  Or I'd be happy to maintain one
> on secretlab.
>
> What about openfirmware.info?  I don't know anything about Core
> Systems who maintains that site though.

Grant,
When choosing the best location for the bindings page please consider
it uniform enough so that various OSes can use it as a reference. We
are very much interested in bringing FDT support for embedded FreeBSD
(arm, powerpc), and one of the uncertainties is how to deal with
existing Linux bindings definitions: at the moment they are maintained
as part of kernel source tree, and there are doubts whether we should
come up with our own set (most likely *very* similar), which we'd like
to avoid.

Rafal