Interruption on PCI Bus

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Fri Apr 17 00:20:04 EST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Mitch Bradley <wmb at firmworks.com> wrote:
> Sorry for being so vague.  As the person who originally devised this
> interrupt tree stuff, I'm pretty sure about the intention, but much less
> sure about what specific versions of Linux and U-Boot actually do.
>  Hopefully someone else can give you a definitive answer about that.

U-Boot doesn't really do anything with interrupts.  It usually just
polls everything.

Linux arch/powerpc does walk the device tree to get irq routing and
resolve to a Linux-internal virtual IRQ number.  I'm pretty sure that
the IRQ registers are normally ignored unless something goes wrong
with parsing the tree.  See arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c and
search for of_irq_map_pci().

Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.