Where in dts file one should define IORESOURCES_(IO|MEM)?

Subodh Nijsure sunijsur at cisco.com
Tue Apr 14 03:52:52 EST 2009

I have read the Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt and I am still
not clear on how manifest constants in platform_get_resource() get
translated to items in dts file.

Example:

in drivers/ide/legacy/ide_platform.c there is code that looks like this.

        res_base = platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_IO, 0);
        res_alt = platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_IO, 1);

        if (!res_base || !res_alt) {
                res_base = platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_MEM, 0);
                res_alt = platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_MEM, 1);

If I want to specify IORESOURCE_MEM (0) and IORESOURCE_MEM ( 1) addresses in
my board specific what statements do I need to include in my dts file?

I have tried including them in memory {} section of dts and that doesn't
work.

Would appreciate help/pointer.

/Subodh Nijsure
(Standard Disclaimers Apply)