Device tree binding documentation

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Wed Oct 29 03:58:25 EST 2008

Yoder Stuart wrote:

> So my vote is to maintain bindings as plain text files.

Just like the real elections I don't actually have a vote here,
but can I put my oar in that after a certain review process and
time has passed and the binding stabilizes, these get published
as PDF documents similar to an AppNote or the ePAPR specification
so that you get the advantages of bookmarks, pagination,
formatting (notes, examples and warnings) and printing it in a
reasonable fashion on a dead tree as if it were a book?

Maintaining them as text for the development process is good but
they need to be *published* as the ePAPR binding is *published*,
so that you can say.. "hey, this is a canonical reference on a
dead tree, my platform confirms to the ePAPR MPC5200B device
tree binding V1.0 that I ordered from the Freescale website",
instead of "my platform conforms to git commit fab927fe363ac2a872bb872"

?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations