GPIO - marking individual pins (not) available in device tree

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Oct 24 14:27:39 EST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:22:03PM -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> You could have the gpio node define an "address space" where each
> "address" is a GPIO pin number.
>
> The node would have one address cell and one size cell, and the

Not necessarily.  If you were to have such an address space, the only
sane way of encoding it would be using the same "gpio descriptor"
format as is used in 'gpios' properties.  Which would mean the gpio
controller would in this situation have #address-cells == #gpio-cells.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson