Device tree for c67x00

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Oct 7 00:59:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 09:22:58AM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  >>     usb at 85000000 {
>  >>                  compatible = "cypress,c67x00";
>  >>                  reg = < 0x85000000 0x10000 >;
>  >>                  } ;
>
> This is the first I see of this, but that weren't we supposed to use
> the stock ticker (E.G. cy)? It would also be good to list the exact
> cy67x00 variant:
>
> usb at 85000000 {
>              compatible = "cy,c67300" "cy,c67x00";

Heh, I got caught up in the other discussion and I never thought to
review the binding.  Oops.

Yes, you're absolutely right.  The compatible property should be
specific and the binding needs to be documented and reviewed before
committing to it.  In particular, there needs to be some properties to
describe the mode of each SIE on the c67300.