[0/2] libfdt: Cleanups to iteration functions

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Tue Nov 11 23:18:04 EST 2008

These two patches make some cleanups to the fdt_next_node() and
fdt_next_tag() functions that I've been meaning to do for a while.

These patches do introduce minor semantic changes, and those are
exported functions.  I think they're still reasonable changes, because
the behavioural changes are in corner cases which previously had
somewhat fuzzily defined semantics anyway.  I would be very doubtful
that anyway was relying on the altered behaviour; if I'm wrong about
that these patches could need some rethinking.

These cleanups make it easier to implement property iteration, which I
have a draft patch for in the works.  I'm not posting that with this
series, because I'm having second thoughts about the details of the
interface, and I need to write some testcases.  I'll try to post that
as an RFC / work-in-progress shortly.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson