usb/eth DTS nodes for custom board based on mpc5200

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Dec 6 02:16:38 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Angelo <s104259 at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Ok.
>
> Tha main problem is that if I cross-compile kernel for ARCH=ppc everythings
> work fine.
>
>>"Configuring the Ethernet pins for USB IO is just a pin routing board setup
>> task."
>
> What should I do for this?!?!?

Without seeing your board I don't know, but I do know that there have
been a *lot* of changes in mpc5200 support since 2.6.21, including
USB.  You should try using a 2.6.27 kernel.

> * I've configured the port_config in  lite5200_setup_cpu(void) function
> [arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/lite5200.c]. I put in port_config the same
> value that I put with ARCH=ppc!
>
> However I'm sure that my u-boot sets-up the port_config register because
> fatls usb 0:1 / show me the content of usb-storage.

If U-Boot sets up port_config correctly, then you do *not* need to
change the setting in the kernel.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.