[RELEASE] 0.8.4 aka Tony Breeds

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Jan 5 11:35:34 EST 2006

Actually, Tony figured out *why* it was happening, I noticed the bug.

Symptoms:
        When I got to work, my compile started failing (my home distcc
        host, of course, not being found) changing the default symlink
        did *not* cause the running ccontrols (asleep in the lock) to
        re-read the config file.

Cause:
        We re-stat the file when we get a lock, but we didn't stat by
        filename, but by fd.  Which is more efficient, and notices
        deletion or change of the config file, but not re-symlinking.

Cheers!
Rusty.
--
 ccontrol: http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/ccontrol