[ccontrol] [RELEASE 0.7] aka "Martin Schwenke"

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Dec 19 12:09:57 EST 2005

While we're still waiting for a user I don't know personally, I've
released 0.7.  The main changes are the ability to add arguments to
make, and that ccontrol can now be invoked directly "ccontrol gcc",
which can then take an option (--section) to fine-tune behaviour.

This was done to allow cross-compiling Linux (which requires two
compilers, $(HOSTCC) and $(CC)).  You would do that as follows:

# Cross-compiling: set CROSS_COMPILE for objdump, as, etc.  Then
# override CC, LD and CPP to invoke ccontrol with the cross-ppc section.
[*/devel/kernel/*ppc]
	add make = ARCH=ppc
	add make = CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-
	add make = CC=ccontrol --path=cross-ppc cc
	add make = LD=ccontrol --path=cross-ppc ld
	add make = CPP=ccontrol --path=cross-ppc cc -E

[cross-ppc]
	ld = /usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-ld
	cc = /usr/local/bin/powerc-linux-gcc
	distcc-hosts = ppc1 ppc2 ppc3