[ccontrol] ccontrol 0.6 make bug

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sun Dec 18 14:13:19 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 15:21 +1100, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> So there's some fancy concatenation of MAKEFLAGS going on in make...

OK.  The top level makefile suppresses parallel make using .NOTPARALLEL
(a GNU make feature I wasn't previously aware off).  ccontrol adds -j
back in every time make is invoked, which seems to break the makefiles.
I'm not sure how, but clearly the glibc authors knew something bad would
happen, as they use their own system for parallelizing make.

For me, using "no-parallel" (requires 0.6.1) fixed the problem (the
crossbuild then failed compiling later, but it did the install in /opt).

Either way, I have altered ccontrol to only insert -j on the top-level
make, which seems to fix the problem too.

Rusty.
--
 ccontrol: http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/ccontrol