[ccan] make check fails in coroutine module

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Wed Mar 27 23:08:54 AEDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:58:06PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2019-03-26 15:31, David Gibson wrote:
>
> > > ... more (use -vv to see them all)
> > > coroutine: Total score: 35/43 FAIL!
> > > make: *** [Makefile:78: ccan/coroutine/.ok] Error 1
> > >
> > > Perhaps it is relevant that the configurator check causing the
> > > segfault - as discussed in the other thread - is
> > > HAVE_POINTER_SAFE_MAKECONTEXT which, I believe, is only used by
> > > coroutine module.
>
> > Urgh, yeah, it's broken.  Finding time to debug and fix it is proving
> > difficult.
>
> Ok, I understand that perfectly.  But I'd like to contrbiute to ccan,
> and I'll only feel comfortable doing that when I have a clean test suite
> to start with.  What would you suggest as a workaround?  Maybe a local
> branch with the coroutine module removed?

That would work, assuming you don't want the coroutine module or
anything it relies on.

But, I'm not sure that's the right approach.  ccan isn't really
intended as a monolithic project, each module should be more or less
independent, with the check everything at the top level being just a
convenience.

If you're looking to contribute you can run ccanlint to build and test
a single module (and its dependencies) and that should suffice.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson