[ccan] CMake build system

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sun Mar 16 21:59:05 EST 2014

Nicu Tofan <nicu.tofan at gmail.com> writes:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to know your thoughts on adding a CMake build system as the
> one in my fork here:
> https://github.com/TNick/ccan
> (Note: at least on my machine code does not compile without hacks, probably
> because of include paths; it is meant as an example for now)

Hi Nicu!

        Actually, I want to go in the other direction: wean ccan off
Makefiles entirely.  The ones there are simply for my convenience, and
for bootstrapping.

The plan (on my psueod-infinite TODO list) is to have a ccantool which
generates the appropriate Makefile/cmake/waf/autoconf etc. fragments for
the chosen CCAN modules.  CCAN modules themselves are build-system
agnostic.

Cheers,
Rusty.