[ccan] CCAN NEWS: ccodearchive.net, github repo and new wiki. And more code!

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sat Oct 1 20:32:54 EST 2011

Hi all!

        I've been slack in my semi-regular updates, but I'm pleased to
announce several infrastructure improvements:

1) The official domain for CCAN is now ccodearchive.net.  That's a bit
   of a backronym, but it makes sense and sidesteps the issue of
   ccan.org being taken.  Redirects in place, hopefully all
   documentation updated.

2) There's now an official github repository, in addition to the main
   one.  This should make it easier for people to send pull requests.
   We can't deprecate the main one until github has path-based ACLs,
   or we come up with our own merge robot to auto-merge.
        http://github.com/rustyrussell/ccan/

3) The wiki has been cleaned up and moved to github:

        http://github.com/rustyrussell/ccan/wiki

There's also been various new modules and tool work in the last few
months, here are the highlights:

New modules:
        ttxml: tiny XML library for parsing (trusted!) XML documents.
        time: routines for dealing with time
        lbalance: helpers for loadbalancing parallel tasks
        json: Parse and generate JSON (JavaScript Object Notation)
        tcon: routines for creating typesafe generic containers
        strmap: string map using critbit trees
        strset: string set (even simpler than ccan/stringset)

Changes:
        antithread: example enhancement
        charset: utf8_validate_char, rewritten utf8_validate
        failtest: fix FAIL_PROBE silent failures, add --show-slowest, fixes.
        hash: now valgrind-safe by default
        htable: clean up interface.
        jset: renamed from jbitset, now uses ccan/tcon
        likely: use htable_type rather than raw htable.
        noerr: fix warning with -Wwrite-strings
        opt: suffix helpers (eg. 5K).
        tdb: minor updates
        tdb2: much development, tdb1 compatability
        tlist: now uses ccan/tcon
        tally: misc fixes

Licensing changes:
        btree: change from BSD-3 to MIT
        block_pool: change from BSD-3 to MIT
        cast: change from LGPL3+ to LGPL2.1+
        darray: change from BSD-3 to MIT
        md4: correct licensing from LGPL to GPL.

        alignof, array_size, build_assert, check_type, container_of,
         compiler, htable, noerr, short_types, str: relicense to public domain

Tools:
        ccanlint: now checks licensing
        ccanlint: valgrind now detects issues in children
        ccanlint: allow per-file restrictions on tests
        ccanlint: compile and run tests in parallel on SMP systems
        ccanlint: many minor fixes

Cheers,
Rusty.