[ccan] [patch] Check for valid summary lines

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Jan 16 15:29:59 EST 2011

While looking for code that might make it easier to build a Compound Binary
Format (aka OLE file) parser in C, I noted a little problem with display of the
block_pool summary line on the CCAN web site.

http://ccan.ozlabs.org/list.html shows
"block_pool An efficient allocator for blocks that don't need to be"

and http://ccan.ozlabs.org/info/block_pool.html shows

resized or freed.

So the problem appears to be that the summary line really does need to be a
single line. However fixing that would have been a little easy, and I then I
could have gotten back to work. Instead, I decided that ccanlint should check
for this.

I originally tried to put the test into the info_documentation_exists test
case, but I couldn't come up with a really clean way to do so. So I've added a
new test case instead.

The attached patches add the new test case, and fix the two places where it
shows a problem.

Please review and apply.

Brad

Now where did I leave those special yak-shaving ear protectors...