[ccan] New module: bdelta

Joey Adams joeyadams3.14159 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 01:16:07 EST 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Adam Kennedy
<adamkennedybackup at gmail.com> wrote:
> When your tests can be run in arbitrary environments under conditions
> not under your control, performance testing can be challenging, to say
> the least.

I guess delta size isn't really that type of performance issue, then.
Unlike running time, delta sizes are easy to reproduce.  But unlike a
regression, if the delta sizes go up a tiny bit, it's not a "bug", but
delta size is better when it's smaller.

Another example of a reproducible test like this might be "how many
blocks can we allocate into N bytes of memory?"

- Joey