[ccan] ISC license?

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Oct 20 15:55:38 EST 2010

Hi Joey,

   Finally glanced at your AVL code; noted the ISC license.  I'm not
particularly fussed, but I found this note:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

	This license does have an unfortunate wording choice: it provides
 	recipients with "Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute
	this software...." This is roughly the same language from the license
	of Pine that the University of Washington later claimed prohibited
	people from distributing modified versions of the software.

	ISC has told us they do not share the University of Washington's
	interpretation, and we have every reason to believe them. Thus,
	there's no reason to avoid software released under this license.
	However, to help make sure this language cannot cause any trouble in
	the future, we encourage developers to choose a different license for
	their own works. The Expat License and FreeBSD License are similarly
	permissive and brief.

I already have BSD-MIT in the CCAN tree, too...

Cheers!
Rusty.