[ccan] iniparser re-branding

Nicolas Devillard ndevilla at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:11:42 EST 2010

Hi guys:

Rusty has now added the license to the distribution, making it
MIT-compliant. Job's done. Thanks!
I have never been mad at anyone, just wanted to set things straight.

Tim's contributions are very valuable and he should be thanked for them, I
would advise against taking them off CCAN for licensing issues. They should
however clearly be indicated as his so he gets the credits he deserves and
can maintain them.

iniparser is not abandoned, it is just not evolving much. It has reached a
sufficient level for all developers out there to take it and tweak it to
their hearts' contents and spawn variants all around. This is a good thing
and the license is there to ensure people can just do that. As for
distributing patches around, I had some hope that github could offer a
centralized point where contributors could share their modifications against
a reference version that would remain essentially untouched. I just did not
take the time to experiment with it enough.

CCAN is a neat idea, I hope I can contribute more than by accident :-)
Cheers
--
Nicolas <ndevilla at gmail.com>