[ccan] iniparser re-branding

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Nov 11 13:26:03 EST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:59:35 am Tim Post wrote:
> > My policy as CCAN maintainer is to accept code unless there's obvious license
> > issues (even if only under junkcode/).  But I don't see the point in copying
> > whole libraries from elsewhere.
>
> The license is defined at the top of each file, it's just not
> retrieved when someone downloads just
> that module (with or without dependencies)

Confused...
1) There's no LICENSE file for ciniparser, and AFAICT never has been
2) When LICENSE symlinks were first introduced, the targets weren't in the
   tarballs, but that was fixed.  I just checked: a random survey seems OK.

To show off ccanlint a little:

rusty at vivaldi:~/devel/cvs/ccan/ccan/ciniparser (master)$ ../../tools/ccanlint/ccanlint
Module has license: FAIL
LICENSE does not exist:
Most modules want a copy of their license, so usually we create a
LICENSE symlink into ../../licenses to avoid too many copies.
Set up link to ../../licenses/BSD-MIT (license is MIT)? y
Total score: 23/28
rusty at vivaldi:~/devel/cvs/ccan/ccan/ciniparser (master)$ git add LICENSE
rusty at vivaldi:~/devel/cvs/ccan/ccan/ciniparser (master)$ git commit -m "ciniparser: add LICENSE symlink"
[master 5116109] ciniparser: add LICENSE symlink
 create mode 120000 ccan/ciniparser/LICENSE

Cheers,
Rusty.