[ccan] Moving modules to vanity naming?

Alexander 'hatred' Drozdoff adrozdoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:02:57 EST 2010

В Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:39:59 +1030
Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> пишет:

RR> > > Isn't that simply adding another level of indirection?  I'm really unsure
RR> > > what the popular groups would be, so I figured that by-author was the
RR> > > least-sucky way of side-stepping that.
RR> > >
RR> > > As you allude, we'd still need both since by-functionality makes the
RR> > > namespace issues worse.
RR> >
RR> > it could be <module>-author rather than a separate directory level.
RR>
RR> Hmm, I like that.  And according to the gitolite docs, it's still possible
RR> to use regexes to grant per-maintainer perms.

In this case, I think, more good put 'author' first - with this simple 'ls' group author's
packages :-)

Also, is it possible to add 'tags' functionality to CCAN? Add some new field to manifest file
(_info), like:
  Tags: memory, image processing, crypto

And use this for navigation on site. This can solve trouble with navigation via modules with same
(or in one subject areas) functionality. Use this only for navigation on site.

--
WBR
Alexander Drozdov