[ccan] CCAN Progress Report

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Fri Aug 27 14:57:57 EST 2010

Hi all,

   I've found a little time in the past few months to make progress on various
CCAN modules and infrastructure.   I thought I'd post a summary of what I've
done.

Infrastructure:
- Due to one lawyer asking me, I've gone through and put a licences dir and
  symlinks from each directory where appropriate.
- I also added a few more Author and Maintainer fields to _info files.
- ccanlint now has a -k option to keep parts of the process (esp useful
  is "-k compile-tests"
- ccanlint now does coverage analysis if gcov is installed.  You get a score
  as: > 50% == 1, > 75% == 2, > 87.5% == 3, > 94% == 4, > 96% == 5.

Modules:
- alloc: complete rewrite.
- tdb: incorporate some upstream changes
- typesafe_cb: rework interfaces due to uncovered bug
- hash: 64 bit hash results
- tdb2: new experimental module

So, what's next?  Advice welcome!  FWIW I think:

1) The website is awful, and very much needs some rewrite love.
2) The wiki should be updated to match the website.
3) We should probably switch to git; it's most familiar to people.

Of course, I'll continue to hack on new modules and make ccanlint more
useful (particularly for testing), as I've promised a talk on CCAN at
linux.conf.au in January.

Cheers,
Rusty.