[ccan] Google Summer of Code 2009: CCAN

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 23:22:39 EST 2009

hi all,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au>
wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 03:36:44 saurabh gupta wrote:
>> hello everyone,
>>
>> Is CCAN going to apply for GSoC 2009 as a mentoring organization. I am
one
>> of the student interested in applying for CCAN this year.
>>
>> PS: If this question has already been discussed, then please excuse me.
>
> Yep!  http://ccan.ozlabs.org/Wiki/GSOC2009

Thats great.

* First, a brief introduction about me: *
I am Saurabh Gupta from India. I am a senior engineering student. I
have been working for open source projects for a long time and I was a
*GSoC student in 2008* where I successfully completed my project under
the organization Openmoko (www.openmoko.org
<http://www.openmoko.org/>). In 2008 winters, I had my internship at
*Adobe Inc.* where I worked on the package  management system using
C++ and sqlite library. I have a long experience in programming in C,
C++,  Python and other languages. Currently, my final year project at
university is about the automatic data logging system in which I am
working upon socket programming in C, C++,   MYSQL and setting up an
intra-college website using LAMP. I am a user of svn extensively.

*About CCAN ideas:*

I had a look at the code judgement requirement in CCAN. As suggested the
code will be judged against some standards made for code submission. The
user will get proper tutorials on how to submit the document or code. A
proper step by step GUI is aimed to be developed for submitting documents.
In my thinking, in case when the project to be submitted is not in proper
format, then readable notification along with error and the solution to fix
it will be provided. In GSoC 2008, a webpage for accepting the code and
searching was implemented. This time, it can extended to display the error
massage and the method to fix it on webpage. The underlying tool used will
be php, sqlite library and C/C++.

I would like to hear the suggestions and comments from the community and
discuss it further and if possible, then from any mentor who is interested
in my application.

Thanks,

--
Saurabh Gupta