[ccan] License question

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Mar 11 17:58:24 EST 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 10:46:06 Michael Cohen wrote:
> Hi All,
>    Is it possible to use list.h in a BSD code? It originally came from
> the linux kernel which is GPL - but does not seem to carry any license
> statement.

Actually, it's a re-implementation, for two reasons.  I dislike GPL v2 only since it hobbles v3 projects, and also there are some ugly things in the linux kernel version (eg. node and head are the same struct, and list_for_each() is called list_for_each_entry, and list_add() has its arguments backwards).

License tag is contained in the _info.c file:

 * Licence: LGPL (2 or any later version)

That should be sufficient, no?

Thanks,
Rusty.