[ccan] Mathematics Module

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Jan 29 12:49:52 EST 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 21:11:51 Tim Post wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 20:33 +1030, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > Hmm, it's proven useful in the past to have -Werr.  But delete it for now from the Makefile.
>
> Please un-delete it, If some other module gets heavy reports of bogus
> output from an ellipsis fed function (and said author of said function
> decides to use __attribute to throw warnings) , it would shoot their
> efforts in the foot.

Yes, I meant Rupinder should delete it in his copy to get past this, not
that the rest of us should :)

> Most people will be using a modern and fully functional C library.

I hope so, but I don't want to rule out catering to others.  SAMBA have a fairly complete set of replacements IIRC, but so far I've been happy to assume ISO C (but if modules have lesser requirements that's fine too).

> > ccan/err?
>
> ccan/ccan_err would be better, err is kind of generic.

But it matches the standard header it is duplicating, so I'd argue for it in this case.

Thanks,
Rusty.