[ccan] CCAN: code upload with name ogg_to_pcm.tar.gz

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Apr 9 15:33:05 EST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 14:17:00 Tim Post wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 13:06 +1000, Adam Kennedy wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, your uploads (got wwviadio too, thanks!) raise a new question:
> > > how to list non-ccan dependencies.
> >
> > NOBODY has a good solution for that problem yet.
>
> I was looking at pulling bits out of glibc

Don't do that.  Seriously.

If there's a corollary of the Golden Rule[1], it's that we never should
copy glibc.  It is a tasteless land of infinite horror.

> Where ccan_check_ldconfig() prints each one as it does now, but breaks
> if something isn't found (causing it to be skipped and not tested).

It's Unix-specific, and assumes that we're talking about libraries, it assumes
the library names, and it assumes that the ld versions correspond to the
versions specified in the header.

Worst of all, it's not addressing a real problem.  If I have the
dependencies wrong and the tests compile and pass, we have other problems.
If they break, we don't really need to automate the general case to fix
it.

Hope that helps,
Rusty.

[1] http://ccan.ozlabs.org/Wiki/GoldenRule