[ccan] CCAN: code upload with name ogg_to_pcm.tar.gz

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Apr 9 12:16:14 EST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 11:16:16 Stephen Cameron wrote:
> Yeah, ccanlint is a bit rough around the edges.
>
> I had a comment in _info.c that was "Malformed" in
> that it was a completely blank line (no leading ' *')
> and I think ccanlint said:
>
> 26: Malformed

Yes, that's why improving ccanlint is the main focus of GSoC this year.

> BTW, how do you prefer changes submitted... patches?  Or just upload a whole
> new tarball?

Patches are good, but bzr is better.  Quick tutorial:

Setup:
  # Grab CCAN repo
  $ bzr clone http://ccan.ozlabs.org/repo ccan
  # If bzr whoami gets email wrong, set it manually (writes to ~/.bazaar)
  $ bzr whoami "Stephen Cameron <smcameron at yahoo.com>"

Hacking:
  $ cd ccan
  $ .... hack and test ...
  $ bzr ci

Upload:
  $ bzr bundle > /tmp/mychanges.bzr

Updating:
  $ bzr pull

Then either upload mychanges.bzr, or mail it to the ccan list (with
the output of bzr log for your changes, to be polite for non-bzr users).

I can just apply the bundle, and it'll be exactly the same as your local
commit.

Cheers!
Rusty.