[ccan] Google Summer of Code

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Fri Mar 28 12:32:05 EST 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 07:01:01 Ashwani Bailore wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> I am pleased to introduce myself as a 3rd year student of 5 year Integrated
> Post Graduate Course in Information Technology [BTech + MTech] at Indian
> Institute of Information Technology and Management( IIITM ), Gwalior,
> India.
>
> I want to participate in Google Summer of Code. I've come across CCAN's
> ideas page for GSoC' 08 and I have read about the project ideas mentioned.I
> have worked on similar project before.
>
> As part of the University's  Annual Technical festival, we conduct online
> programming contest, in which students from various colleges participate -
> they submit the code online, the code is tested and results are sent to
> them (all these are automated).This is similar to the objective of CCAN, I
> suppose. I am a member of the development team of this project.
>
> Can you please elaborate the ideas and provide me with details - what has
> been implemented in CCAN till now and what has to be implemented, so that I
> can plan how to go about with the project proposal.

Hi Ashwani!

    Currently we have a web server, a bazaar repository, some example modules,
and a few primitive test tools (see ccan_tools).  The main purpose of the SoC
is to provide the tools so others can feed the repository, and make the code
repository available in a useful form.

    Given we are in such an early state, the successful applicant(s) will have
a significant influence on the project.  I recommend you peruse the Wiki to
see where we plan to go, and see if it aligns with what you want to do.

Hope that helps,
Rusty.