[ccan] Accpeting code module

Adam Kennedy adamkennedybackup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:22:56 EST 2008

Something like that could make sense too.

Typical problems that CPAN encounters are that we expect accounts to
be humans, and sometimes people create registrations that aren't.

Also, people seem to like to change their logins all the time because
they changed their nick or something, and that can hurt.

Some of this isn't a problem is we retain more power to stamp down on
people if needed.

The confirmation thing could work though.

Let them upload initially, but until they are confirmed nothing ever
gets indexed, and we can still reject the application.

Something like just tagging the account as "provisional" could work well.

Adam K